Sunday, March 8, 2009

Horray for Fractured Fairytales!!!

Friday we performed our puppet plays. The kids did 4 different plays: Little Late Riding Hood, The Emperor's New Hair, The Three Silly Goats Gruff, and The Prince Frog. They did such a great job and had a wonderful time. I was so proud of how expressive and loud their voices were. The kids decided that rather than keep the puppets at school and have another performance next week for their moms and dads, they wanted to take the puppets home and I'd make a video of the plays that they could keep. (Okay, it took a little prodding on my part, but they did decide...really!!) So in a couple days, after I can get 20 DVDs rendered they'll be able to take theirs home to show their parents. It was a lot of fun, but I, for one, am anxious to move on now.
Our brassica rappa plants are doing great! They're already up and close to an inch tall! It's exciting to see them change every day!
Last week, for part of our rock unit, all the kids chose a rock that they wanted to polish. I took them to the rock shop in Spanish Fork and they polished them for me in their tumbler. It was so exciting to get them back after just a few days! They're beautiful! We have loved learning about rocks and will hate to see that unit end! Oh well, moving on to bigger, better things...

No comments:

Post a Comment