Monday, September 27, 2010

We love our country!


We have had a wonderful time the last couple weeks learning about what it takes to be a good citizen. We've also really enjoyed learning about some of our national monuments and symbols. We especially loved how we felt as we learned about our National Anthem. The children truely appreciate what that special song and our flag represent. In fact, one sweet story is that last Wenesday I had to leave the class for about 15 minutes. As I was leaving I had asked Mrs. Spencer share a book with the class about Symbols of America. It had a little paragraph about the Star Spangled Banner. As she started reading it, the children broke ot into song and she was completely moved by their love and their sweet spirit that they shared. They are such a sweet class with such tender feelings! When she shared this with me I was like a proud Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment